Melbourne Polytechnic student terms and conditions
Below are our student terms and conditions for our Certificate I to IV courses.
Melbourne Polytechnic is required to provide the Victorian Government, through the Department of Education and Early Childhood Development, with student and training activity data, which may include information given on this form in accordance with the Victorian VET student statistical collection guidelines (available at http://www.education.vic.gov.au/training/providers/rto/Pages/datacollection.aspx).
The Department may use the information provided to it for planning, administration, policy development, program evaluation, resource allocation, reporting and/or research activities. For these and other lawful purposes, the Department may also disclose information to its consultants, advisers, other Government agencies, professional bodies and/or other organisations.
Under the Education and Training Reform Act 2006 Melbourne Polytechnic is required to collect and disclose my personal information for a number of purposes including allocation to me of a Victorian Student Number (VSN) and updating my personal information on the Victorian Student Register.
I authorise Melbourne Polytechnic to:
- Provide information about my enrolment to any Government department
- Provide details on my progress and attendance to my employer as an apprentice/trainee
- Check all available records including my academic record from any other educational Institution to confirm that information provided is correct, particularly information pertaining to my eligibility for the Victorian Training Guarantee
- Apply for a Unique Student Identifier (USI) on my behalf.
I acknowledge that:
- I must undertake an assessment as part of Language, Literacy and Numeracy (LLN) requirements for each year of my enrolment in this course
- I may be contacted and requested to participate in a National Centre for Vocational Education Research survey or a Department endorsed project or audit or review
- Melbourne Polytechnic has informed me of the eligibility requirements for government subsidised training under the Victorian Training Guarantee
- I am expected to abide by the standards of conduct and the regulations and rules of Melbourne Polytechnic
- I have received the 2016 Fees, Charges and Refunds leaflet. Melbourne Polytechnic has discussed and provided my Training Plan (excluding apprentices and trainees)
- Melbourne Polytechnic has discussed Skills Recognition (RPL) options. This enrolment is not valid until receipted.
I agree to undertake a Literacy and Numeracy assessment. If this indicates that I would benefit from support, I agree to being enrolled in learner support units. I understand that this will not disadvantage my entitlement to a second government subsidised course at Melbourne Polytechnic.
I acknowledge and agree to the terms described on this student declaration. I declare that the information supplied by me on this form is true and correct. I acknowledge that providing any false information and/or failing to disclose any information relevant to my application for enrolment and/or failure to complete an application/enrolment form may result in the withdrawal of any offer, particularly as it relates to my eligibility to obtain an offer for government subsidised training, and/or cancellation of enrolment at the discretion of Melbourne Polytechnic.
Maintained by Web Developer and Administrator, M&CC.
Last Modified: October 26, 2016