Spread the cost of your tuition
Melbourne Polytechnic is pleased to offer an option to pay tuition fees through a Tuition Payment Plan (TPP) managed by a third party, Debitsuccess Pty Ltd – one of the largest direct debit providers in Australia.
If you are enrolling in an eligible Vocational Education and Training (VET) course at Melbourne Polytechnic and you meet certain eligibility requirements, a TPP may be available to you.
Under a TPP, you authorise Debitsuccess to automatically debit tuition fees from your bank account or credit card on a weekly or fortnightly basis over a set period of time.
What is a Tuition Payment Plan?
A Tuition Payment Plan or TPP is a contract that allows you to pay your tuition by direct debit on either a weekly or fortnightly basis.
A TPP is a legally binding contract. If you enter a TPP you will be bound by the terms and conditions set out in that contract.
It is important to realise that Debitsuccess is managing the contract and any communication should be directly with Debitsuccess, as set out in the contract. However, Melbourne Polytechnic may assist you to lodge the documents necessary to enter a TPP or approve the cancellation of a TPP in the ‘cooling off’ period.
Melbourne Polytechnic has set out some general information below to help you work out if you are eligible for a TPP, and some of the key features of a TPP.
Am I eligible for a Tuition Payment Plan (Debitsuccess)?
You are able to apply for a Tuition Payment Plan (TPP) if you meet the criteria below:
- Your Melbourne Polytechnic course tuition fees are over $150
- You are enrolling in a Certificate I–IV course, OR
- You are enrolling in a Diploma or Advanced Diploma course and are NOT eligible for a VET Student Loan
- You are NOT enrolling in a Higher Education course
- You are NOT enrolling in a Fee for Service Short Course
- You are NOT enrolling as an International Student
What can I pay for with a TPP?
- You can use a TPP to pay up to 100 per cent of your Tuition fee
- You cannot use the TPP to pay your Materials and Amenities fees. You will pay these in full at time of enrolment
- The maximum amount for a TPP is $7,000
What are the costs?
The exact costs and fees and charges of your TPP will be set out in your contract, including your tuition and instalment amount. Examples of fees and charges that apply under the contract include:
- A one-off administration fee of $10 (payable with your first instalment)
- 4.4%* billing fee (based on amount of TPP)
- A reversal fee of $10 for each failed direct debit
If you enter a TPP and you default on any of your obligations, under the contract additional fees will apply, such as fees or costs related to debt collection, and Debitsuccess may choose to terminate the contract. Please see below for further details.
How is my TPP calculated?
|Indicative Example:||Tuition fee||$1000.00|
The total is divided into equal instalments, payable weekly/fortnightly.
PLUS one-off Admin fee
How do I apply for a TPP?
- If you are eligible, choose the TPP option at enrolment
- Read the TPP contract and decide whether you’d like to enter into a TPP
- If you choose to proceed with the Debitsuccess contract, select instalment option – weekly or fortnightly , plus account details to be debited
- Sign your Debitsuccess contract
- Then pay total Amenities and Materials fees at point of enrolment.
Can I cancel my TPP during a ‘cooling off’ period?
Yes. If you enter a TPP, you have a ‘cooling off’ period of five (5) working days to cancel your TPP, at no cost to you. Debitsuccess will not accept a cancellation during the cooling off period without Melbourne Polytechnic’s approval.
If you do want to cancel your TPP in this time, you must let Melbourne Polytechnic know by email that you want to cancel the contract within five working days of signing the TPP by emailing ua.ud1537690447e.cin1537690447hcety1537690447lopen1537690447ruobl1537690447em@pp1537690447t1537690447
Cancellations during the ‘cooling off’ period will only be accepted if they are received by this email and strictly during this time.
Important things to know
- Maximum amount for a TPP is $7,000
- You must bring your bank account or credit card details with you when applying for the TPP
- If you are under 18 when applying for a TPP, the Debitsuccess contract MUST be counter-signed by a parent or guardian PLUS a guarantor form must be completed by the parent or guardian. Therefore they must attend with you at time of enrolment
- If you are not using your own bank account or credit card when applying for a TPP, the bank account/credit card holder must attend with you at time of enrolment to complete and sign a Direct Debit Request form
- It is recommended that your TPP agreement end before your current period of enrolment
- Unless and until all instalments and fees have been paid in full under your TPP contract, your Statement of Attainment, Record of Results and Qualification/Testamur will be withheld until final payment is received
- You can terminate the TPP contract before expiry if all the instalments and fees due up to the date of termination are paid
TIP: Under a TPP contract, It is your responsibility to ensure that on the due date clear funds are available in your nominated account to meet the direct debit payment. To avoid possible late payment fees we recommend you arrange the TPP debit from your bank account the day after you are paid or when you expect funds to be deposited to your account.
Problems with making payments?
phone: 1800 148 848, or
Additionally, please contact Debitsuccess, if you:
- need to make any changes to your payment method
- wish to extend or rearrange your TPP agreement
- want to ask a question about a payment which has been taken
- need to request a deferral or suspension from payments (for example, arrange for 1-6 weeks payment free)
View Debitsuccess terms and conditions
What happens if I miss a TPP payment?
- If you miss a TPP payment you can:
- bring your account up-to-date by contacting Debitsuccess to make a payment OR
- Debitsuccess may debit both the current and overdue payment (and any associated fees or costs) on your next schedule payment date
- NOTE: a $10 reversal fee will apply in either case
- If you miss 3 consecutive TPP payments and your TPP stays in arrears Melbourne Polytechnic will suspend or deny you access to:
- academic and administrative services
- Statement of Attainment, Record of Results and Qualification/Testamur
- access to Melbourne Polytechnic systems and facilities, including Moodle, and library
- the right to enrol in another Melbourne Polytechnic course
- NOTE: when you bring your account back up-to-date it will take a minimum of three (3) working days to reactivate your access to the above systems, facilities and services.
- If you enter into a TPP and you continue to remain in default, you will be referred to debt collection and additional fees will apply, such as:
- an outstanding debt fee of $50; plus
- an amount equal to 25% of the full outstanding balance in accordance with the contract
What if I want to withdraw from my studies?
Please review Melbourne Polytechnic’s Student Enrolment, Fees and Charges Policy to see if you are eligible for a refund of your fees.
- If you withdraw WITHIN the refund period stipulated in the above policy, your fees may be adjusted and a refund or a reduction may be applied to your TPP
- You will remain liable for your TPP if you withdraw AFTER the refund period has passed
For more Information
Check out the TPP FAQs
|p:||1800 148 848 (Free call: Mon-Fri 8.30am-5pm)|
Maintained by Web Developer and Administrator, M&CC.
Last Modified: 10th July 2018