If you answer YES to each of these, then Skills First Reconnect is for you!
- Would you like support to make life easier?
- Have you left school without finishing Year 12 or Certificate II?
- Are you aged 17-19? Or, are you aged 20-64 and have been unemployed for 12+ months?
- Do you live in the city of Banyule, Darebin, Moreland, or Whittlesea?
Skills First Reconnect Support
Skills First Reconnect is designed to support participants with a range of personal factors to improve their ability to engage in community, education or employment including:
- Homelessness or risk of homelessness
- Debt and other financial issues
- Legal issues
- Lack of transport
- Drugs or alcohol
- Mental health
- Trauma or grief
- Carer responsibilities (including childcare)
- Family and relationship issues
- Self-esteem and resilience
- Social and emotional wellbeing
Skills First Reconnect aims to provide people in the community with support that will help reduce the barriers faced participating and succeeding in community, training and the workforce.
Aged 17-19 who have not achieved year 12 or equivalent (i.e.: Cert II or above) and are not currently enrolled in any education or training program.
Aged 20-64 long term unemployed (12+ months) who have not achieved Year 12 or equivalent (i.e. Cert II or above) and are not currently enrolled in any education or training program.
A maximum of 18 months assistance can be provided to eligible applicants.
Melbourne Polytechnic is a keen supporter of Skills First Reconnect and can provide information sessions for community groups and interested stakeholders.
Phone: (03) 9269 8330 or (03) 9269 1136
Maintained by Web Developer and Administrator, M&CC.
Last Modified: 1st August 2018