If you love building things and using your creative flair, have you considered a career in furniture and cabinet making?
There is always demand for tradespeople who can make objects for domestic or commercial interiors.
There are courses in both:
Once you have completed your apprenticeship, you will be able to find work as a cabinet maker or furniture manufacturer.
Skills and knowledge you will learn:
- occupational health and safety
- performing measurements and calculations
- interpreting plans and documentation
- safe operation of hand and power tools and woodworking machinery
- furniture design and construction techniques
- computer aided drafting
- applying decorative surfaces to furniture
- reading and interpreting work documents
- estimating and costing a job
- CNC technology
- furniture polishing (spray gun) and installation techniques.
|Certificate II in Furniture Making|
Sit comfortably in your career with Melbourne Polytechnic's Certificate II in Furniture Making. Make your own furniture, meet industry professionals and progress your career in the furniture manufacturing trade.
|Certificate III in Cabinet Making - Kitchens and Bathrooms|
Build a clean future with the Kitchens and Bathrooms stream of Melbourne Polytechnic's Certificate III in Cabinet Making. Tantalise your creative tastebuds and versatile skills by becoming a qualified kitchen and bathroom installer or master cabinet maker in this growing and always expanding industry.
|Certificate III in Cabinet Making - Furniture Making|
Melbourne Polytechnic creates custom-made career options with the Furniture Making stream of the Certificate III in Cabinet Making. Produce furniture for cabinet manufacturers or start your own furniture business. Tap into your creative and versatile skills by becoming a qualified cabinet/furniture maker in this always in demand industry.
Maintained by Web Developer and Administrator, M&CC.
Last Modified: September 22, 2016