Farm Fencing is a short course offered as a weekend workshop at Melbourne Polytechnic's fully fitted training farm, in Yan Yean.
Course Code: SAH013
Completion of the unit AHCINF303A Plan and construct conventional fencing will earn you credit towards attaining a nationally recognised qualification in Certificate III in Agriculture.
- introduction to subject and assessment method
- equipment required to construct and maintain fences
- identify fences appropriate for livestock
- safety issues and legal requirements for fences
- basic design and operation of a fence
- electric fence design (temporary, cells and permanent)
- selection of appropriate energiser
- budgeting for fence construction
- construction of permanent fence
- demonstration safe use of equipment
- selecting appropriate fencing knots
- testing of voltage levels in fence
- gate construction
Please Note: Commencement of this course is dependent on enrolment numbers.
Course session details: (30 hours)
Classes held at Melbourne Polytechnic’s training farm, 2005 Plenty Road, Yan Yean.
For any additional information, please contact a Melbourne Polytechnic Education and Career Advisor (ECA), on 03 9268 8400 or 03 9269 8615, or by email.
Course Cancellation or Postponement
Courses with low enrolments may be cancelled or delayed. You will be notified of this 48 hours prior to course commencement.
Students may be eligible for Victorian and Commonwealth Government funding.