Melbourne Polytechnic's short course in Chainsaw Operation and Safety is designed for people working in the basic operation of chainsaws. This one-day course is designed to provide skills in the operation of chainsaws and the promotion of safe working practices.
Course Code: SOH017
This Melbourne Polytechnic short course will focus on chainsaw safety procedures identified in the owner-operator’s manual.
Emphasis is placed on the individual’s responsibility to ensure safe working practice is maintained while operating a chainsaw.
This course is applicable to professional users and the casual operator alike, and benefits anyone who may use a chainsaw around the home, farm or workplace.
Participants will be able to:
- describe how a chainsaw can be operated safely
- dismantle, clean and reassemble
- select correct chain bar and chain
- correctly adjust and sharpen a chain
- start, stop and apply emergency chain brake
- determine a safe working zone
- wear appropriate safety gear
- cut the logs and limbs in an appropriate and correct manner
All equipment is supplied.
This course includes the following national unit of competency AHCARB205A Operate and Maintain Chainsaws.
For any additional information, please contact a Melbourne Polytechnic Education and Career Advisor (ECA), on 03 9269 8400 or 03 9269 8615, or by email.
Course Cancellation or Postponement
Courses with low enrolments may be cancelled or delayed. You will be notified of this 48 hours prior to course commencement.