Full- Time (38 hours per week)
Friendly & supportive team environment
About the role
NMIT is seeking to appoint an innovative, qualified and motivated individual to fill the position of Technical Officer - Trade/Post Trade. You will be a hardworking and enthusiastic professional with excellent subject knowledge.
Your primary objectives will be:
Ensure that the classroom and laboratory equipment and materials are maintained and appropriately set up to meet the needs of teaching programs in the department.
Facilitate the design and construction of equipment/apparatus necessary for effective delivery of teaching programs
The successful applicant will be a hardworking and enthusiastic professional with:
- Excellent written and communication skills and basic knowledge in relevant computer applications.
- A sound knowledge of and demonstrated practical experience and skills including design, construction and testing of Electrical/Electronic equipment.
- A sound knowledge of and demonstrated practical experience in the Electrotechnology Trades in particular with the installation and maintenance of control equipment. A Restricted Workers Electrical license is preferred but not essential.
- A demonstrated knowledge of AC Machines, PLC's, Lab volt equipment and relevant software applications would be an advantage, but not essential.
- A demonstrated knowledge and skills in operating workshop machinery such as lathes, welding and various hand & bench tools is desirable
For a complete list of the key selection criteria please refer to the position description.
A Working With Children Check will be required for this position
The salary will be in the range of $50,761 - $53,174 (TO4.1 - TO4.3) per annum
Saturday 20 July 2013
To be eligible to apply you must either:
a) be an Australian Citizen or
b) provide evidence which substantiates your entitlement to work in Australia
Applicants must address the key selection criteria contained within the position description. You will not be shortlisted if you fail to address the key selection criteria in your application.
HOW TO APPLY
Please download a copy of the Position Description below. Read the Position Description carefully before beginning your application.
Download the Application Form fill in the required fields including the Key Selection Criteria as outlined in the position description and save the completed form on your desktop.
Forward the completed Application Form together with a copy of your current Resume and email to email@example.com. Make sure you include the job title and the job reference number in your covering email.
Tto download the forms below you will need Adobe Acrobat 9.0 Pro. If you are experiencing any difficulties in submitting your application, please contact the Human Resources Department on 03 9269 1266.