Ongoing position available
Friendly working environment
Part-time 0.6 (22.8 hours per week)
About the Role
Melbourne Polytechnic is seeking to appoint a qualified and motivated individual to fill the position of Technical Officer – Performing Arts.
Your primary objectives will be:
- Maintain the specialist facilities for the Performing Arts Department, Including equipment and software.
- Manage the classroom support requirements for the Performing Arts Department.
The successful applicant will have:
Key Technical Competencies
- Provide recommendations to the Manager of Department in respect of replacement or upgrade of equipment.
- Experience working with computers and an ability to troubleshoot minor Apple and/or PC computer hardware/software problems. Software the Department uses includes: Logic Audio, Sibelius, Pro-Tools, Adobe Creative Suite 3, Final Cut Studio, Media Composer, Abelton Live.
- Experience working in and/or providing technical/facility support in Music, Sound. and some Lighting. (Elevated Work Platform license and an electrical tagging and testing license are preferred.)
Qualification, Licenses and Experience
- Approved training in a relevant technical field within creative industries or demonstrated equivalent industry experience.
For a full list of the Key Technical Competencies and Qualifications, Licenses and Experience please refer to the position description.
The salary will be $54,432 - $57,142 (T05.1 – T05.3) pro rata, per annum plus superannuation contribution.
Ongoing, Part-time 0.6 (22.8 hours per week)
HOW TO APPLY
Please download a copy of the Position Description below. Read the Position Description carefully before beginning your application.
Your application must include the following:
- Current resume
- A separate document addressing the Key Technical Competencies and Qualification, Licenses and Experience as outlined in the position description
You can submit your application by email to ua.ud1477480817e.cin1477480817hcety1477480817lopen1477480817ruobl1477480817em@sb1477480817oj1477480817. Make sure you include the job title and the job reference number in your covering email.
PLEASE NOTE: To download the forms below you will need Adobe Acrobat 9.0 Pro. If you are experiencing any difficulties in submitting your application, please contact the People & Culture Department on 03 9269 1266.
Australian Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders are encouraged to apply for positions with Melbourne Polytechnic.