Part - Time (30.4 hours per week)
Great working environment
About the role
NMIT is seeking to appoint an innovative, qualified and motivated individual to fill the position of Teacher – Community Studies. You will be a hardworking and enthusiastic teaching professional with excellent subject knowledge.
Your primary objectives will be:
- Teach and assess a range of Community Studies programs across the Community Studies area of the Department. You will be required to deliver programs throughout the department under recurrent and Fee-for-Service funding.
- Assist and maintain the department's administrative requirements.
- Assist in the development and implementation of new programs through Fee-for-Service activities.
- A Degree or Diploma relevant to the Community Services sector. Certificate IV in Training and Assessment or equivalent and/or a course of teacher training is required.
- Relevant and recent experience in the Community Services industry.
- Demonstrated and extensive teaching experience in delivery and assessment of Community Services training package courses from certificate to diploma levels.
- Proven capacity to effectively apply adult teaching methodologies with a diverse range of learners.
A Working With Children Check will be required for this position.
To be eligible to apply you must either:
a) be an Australian Citizen or
b) provide evidence which substantiates your entitlement to work in Australia
Applicants must address the key selection criteria contained within the position description. You will not be shortlisted if you fail to address the key selection criteria in your application.
HOW TO APPLY
Please download a copy of the Position Description below. Read the Position Description carefully before beginning your application.
Download the Application Form fill in the required fields including the Key Selection Criteria as outlined in the position description and save the completed form on your desktop.
Forward the completed Application Form together with a copy of your current Resume and email to email@example.com. Make sure you include the job title and the job reference number in your covering email.