Ongoing position available
Friendly working environment
Full-time (38 hours per week)
About the Role
We are very excited to announce that Melbourne Polytechnic is seeking to appoint an experienced, organised and qualified individual to fill the position of Teacher – Cabinet Making/Furniture Making.
Your primary objectives will be to:
Plan, develop and evaluate teaching programs and resources, maintain appropriate records and teach students within the Cabinet Making and Furniture making areas as scheduled.
The successful applicant will possess the following:
Key Technical Competencies:
- Excellent written and communication skills and demonstrated ability in the application of MS Office programs and other computer technology related to the relevant trade areas.
- A sound knowledge of diverse areas in the relevant trades industries together with a high level of knowledge and experience.
- Demonstrated ability to work in teams and capacity to plan, meet agreed deadlines in the completion of duties.
Qualification, Licenses and Experience
- A relevant Degree, Diploma or Trade Certificate relevant in both content and academic level to the Cabinet making and Furniture Making trades. The TAE 40110 Certificate IV in Training and Assessment. A course of teacher training is preferred.
- A trade certificate relevant in both content and academic level to the Cabinet making and Furniture Making trades.
- Two years’ experience in the Cabinet making and Furniture Making field
For a full list of the key technical competencies please refer to the position description.
The salary will be in the range of $52,127 - $83,525 (T1.1 – T5) per annum plus superannuation.
Ongoing, Full- Time 38 hours per week
Please note a Working With Children Check will be required for this position.
HOW TO APPLY
Please download a copy of the Position Description below. Read the Position Description carefully before beginning your application.
Your application must include the following:
- Current resume
- A separate document addressing the Key Technical Competencies and Qualification, Licenses and Experience as outlined in the position description
You can submit your application by email to ua.ud1477067943e.cin1477067943hcety1477067943lopen1477067943ruobl1477067943em@sb1477067943oj1477067943. Make sure you include the job title and the job reference number in your covering email.
PLEASE NOTE: To download the forms below you will need Adobe Acrobat 9.0 Pro. If you are experiencing any difficulties in submitting your application, please contact the People & Culture Department on 03 9269 1266.
Australian Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders are encouraged to apply for positions with Melbourne Polytechnic.