Full- Time (38 hours per week)
Great working environment
About the role
NMIT is seeking to appoint an innovative, qualified and motivated individual to fill the position of Librarian. You will be a hardworking and enthusiastic professional with excellent subject knowledge.
Your primary objectives will be:
- Ensure high standard of library and bookshop services to students, staff and clients of the Institute and assist in the provision of all department functions as appropriate.
- Deliver high level research and reference service to Institute teaching departments.
The successful applicant will be a hardworking and enthusiastic professional with:
- Relevant tertiary library qualification (or significant progress in relevant studies) preferably with experience in the provision of library services in a tertiary educational setting.
- Broad understanding of library service trends and proven ability to apply technologies and innovative practices in information management.
- Demonstrated ability to supervise staff including highly developed teamwork, collaborative and motivational skills with proven ability to create a positive work environment.
- Demonstrated ability to deliver quality customer and reference services including demonstrated research skills and use of relevant information resources.
A Working With Children Check will be required for this position
The salary will be $40,549 - $51,835 (LO3.1 - LO3.7) per annum.
To be eligible to apply you must either:
a) be an Australian Citizen or
b) provide evidence which substantiates your entitlement to work in Australia
Applicants must address the key selection criteria contained within the position description. You will not be shortlisted if you fail to address the key selection criteria in your application.
HOW TO APPLY
Please download a copy of the Position Description below. Read the Position Description carefully before beginning your application.
Download the Application Form fill in the required fields including the Key Selection Criteria as outlined in the position description and save the completed form on your desktop.
Forward the completed Application Form together with a copy of your current Resume and email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Make sure you include the job title and the job reference number in your covering email.