Maximum Term Contract position (30/06/2019)
Full-time (38 hours per week)
About the Role
We are very excited to announce that Melbourne Polytechnic is seeking to appoint an experienced, innovative and qualified individual to fill the position of Academic Developer.
Your primary objective will be to:
- Contribute to the leadership of curriculum design projects and the broad academic development of teaching programs at Melbourne Polytechnic.
- Advise Colleges and Schools on curriculum development, including a range of delivery models including innovative, flexible learning design.
- Contribute to the strategic development of applied research and scholarship in the education portfolio at Melbourne Polytechnic.
The successful applicant will possess the following:
Key Technical Competencies
- Demonstrated capacity for innovative thinking and creative approaches to curriculum and assessment design.
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience of course accreditation requirements.
- Evidence of ability to use, adapt, adopt and evaluate learning technologies in innovative and creative ways.
Qualifications, Licenses and Experience
- A PhD or progress towards a PhD or a Master's degree in education, curriculum design in higher education, instructional design, online learning or higher education, with substantial equivalent professional experience in a related field.
Demonstrated significant experience in curriculum design, development, and evaluation in flexible delivery environments at tertiary level.
Considerable experience of leading and contributing successfully to multi-disciplinary teams.
The salary will be in the range of $81,423 to $96,646 per annum.
Superannuation is additional and Melbourne Polytechnic is able to contribute to UniSuper.
Note that service with publicly funded Australian Universities is recognised for long service and sick leave purposes.
Maximum Term Contract (30/06/2019), Full- Time 38 hours per week
HOW TO APPLY
Please download a copy of the Position Description below. Read the Position Description carefully before beginning your application.
Your application must include the following:
- Current resume
- A separate document addressing the Key Technical Competencies and Qualification, Licenses and Experience as outlined in the position description
You can submit your application by email to ua.ud1477670103e.cin1477670103hcety1477670103lopen1477670103ruobl1477670103em@sb1477670103oj1477670103. Make sure you include the job title and the job reference number in your covering email.
PLEASE NOTE: To download the forms below you will need Adobe Acrobat 9.0 Pro. If you are experiencing any difficulties in submitting your application, please contact the People & Culture Department on 03 9269 1266.
Australian Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders are encouraged to apply for positions with Melbourne Polytechnic.