Full-time (38 hrs per week)
Great working environment
About the role
NMIT is seeking to appoint an innovative, qualified and motivated individual to fill the position of Communications and Project Support Officer. You will be a hardworking and enthusiastic professional with excellent subject knowledge.
Your primary objectives will be:
- To establish and maintain NMIT’s Teaching and Learning Portal as well as leading the implementation of other communications efforts undertaken by the Teaching and Learning Office.
- To coordinate the TALO’s professional development calendar of events and to support the facilitation of staff networks and communities of practice.
- To provide project administration support to TALO Development Coordinators.
The successful applicant will be a hardworking and enthusiastic professional with:
- Appropriate degree level qualification preferably in marketing, communications and or administration together with significant administrative and or communications experience preferably in an education setting.
- Demonstrated excellent organization and problem solving skills illustrated by the ability to work with minimal supervision, to be creative and proactive, successfully arrange priorities, meet deadlines and continually improve operational strategies.
- Highly effective communication, interpersonal and team skills and a proven ability to work within an environment requiring the use of tact, discretion and confidentiality.
- Demonstrated ability and commitment and attitude to the provision of high level of customer service to all internal and external clients.
Please note that all short listed applicants will be required to undertake a variety of competency tests to demonstrate their ability to perform the role.
A Working With Children Check will be required for this position.
Position will be interviewed from the week commencing 20th January 2014
The salary will be in the range of $65,594 - $68,806 (AO8.1 – AO8.3) per annum
To be eligible to apply you must either:
a) be an Australian Citizen or
b) provide evidence which substantiates your entitlement to work in Australia
Applicants must address the key selection criteria contained within the position description. You will not be shortlisted if you fail to address the key selection criteria in your application.
HOW TO APPLY
Please download a copy of the Position Description below. Read the Position Description carefully before beginning your application.
Download the Application Form fill in the required fields including the Key Selection Criteria as outlined in the position description and save the completed form on your desktop.
Forward the completed Application Form together with a copy of your current Resume and email to email@example.com. Make sure you include the job title and the job reference number in your covering email.