Fixed Term Contract until 30 June 2014
Full- Time (38 Hours per week)
Friendly & supportive team environment
About the role
NMIT is seeking to appoint an innovative, qualified and motivated individual to fill the position of Administrative Officer. You will be a hardworking and enthusiastic professional with excellent subject knowledge.
Your primary objectives will be:
- Provide confidential administrative support to the Head of Department – AMEP Programs within the Faculty of Further Education.
- Ensure that a high level of customer service is practised and maintained across the department.
Provide support to the Department and its staff.
The successful applicant will be a hardworking and enthusiastic professional with:
- A tertiary qualification in Administration/Business and or significant relevant administrative experience.
- Demonstrated high standard of administrative and organisational skills including skills in document presentation and database maintenance using Microsoft software particularly Word and Excel, filing and administrative systems maintenance.
- Demonstrated ability, commitment and attitude to the provision of high level customer service to all internal and external clients.
- Strong interpersonal skills and a demonstrated ability to successfully communicate with a diverse range of people, including experience working with a variety of levels and culture.
For a full list of the key selection criteria please refer to the position description.
Please note that all short listed applicants will be required to undertake a variety of competency tests to demonstrate their ability to perform the role.
A Working With Children Check will be required for this position
The salary will be in the range of $43,112 - $45,648 (AO4.1- A4.4) per annum
To be eligible to apply you must either:
a) be an Australian Citizen or
b) provide evidence which substantiates your entitlement to work in Australia
Applicants must address the key selection criteria contained within the position description. You will not be shortlisted if you fail to address the key selection criteria in your application.
HOW TO APPLY
Please download a copy of the Position Description below. Read the Position Description carefully before beginning your application.
Download the Application Form fill in the required fields including the Key Selection Criteria as outlined in the position description and save the completed form on your desktop.
Forward the completed Application Form together with a copy of your current Resume and email to ua.ud1477100893e.tim1477100893n@sbo1477100893j1477100893. Make sure you include the job title and the job reference number in your covering email.
To download the forms below you will need Adobe Acrobat 9.0 Pro. If you are experiencing any difficulties in submitting your application, please contact the Human Resources Department on 03 9269 1266.