Fixed Term Contract position (31/12/2016)
Friendly working environment
Full-time (38 hours per week)
About the Role
We are very excited to announce that Melbourne Polytechnic is seeking to appoint an experienced and innovative individual to fill the position of Administration Assistant.
Your primary objective will be:
- To provide administrative support within the School of Foundation and Preparation, and specific support to the Auslan program.
- Ensure that a high level of customer service is practiced and maintained.
- Handle enquires/enrolments and promotion of courses.
The successful applicant will possess the following:
Key Technical Competencies
- Appropriate tertiary qualifications and/or extensive experience in administrative support roles preferably in an education setting.
- Demonstrated understanding of the diverse needs and challenges faced by deaf and hard of hearing staff in educational settings.
- High level computer literacy including Microsoft Office Suite of programs and the internet including: drafting and formatting documents, producing excel spreadsheets and databases, data entry for government databases, reports and correspondence; production of PowerPoint presentations; mail-merges and mail outs.
Qualification, Licenses and Experience
Experience in an educational environment and/or customer focused role essential. Qualifications in administrative processes will be well regarded.
Working with Children Check.
May require a Police Check.
Applicants proficient in Auslan will be viewed favourably.
For a full list of the key technical competencies and qualifications, licenses and experience please refer to the position description.
The salary will be in the range of $43,112 to $45,648 (AO4.1- AO4.4) per annum plus employer superannuation contributions.
Fixed Term Contract (31/12/2016), Full- Time 38 hours per week
Please note that all short listed applicants will be required to undertake a variety of competency tests to demonstrate their ability to perform the role.
HOW TO APPLY
Please download a copy of the Position Description below. Read the Position Description carefully before beginning your application.
Your application must include the following:
- Current resume
- List including 3 referees with landline phone number and contact details
- A separate document addressing the Key Technical Competencies and Qualification, Licenses and Experience as outlined in the position description
You can submit your application by email to ua.ud1477292335e.cin1477292335hcety1477292335lopen1477292335ruobl1477292335em@sb1477292335oj1477292335. Make sure you include the job title and the job reference number in your covering email.
Australian Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders are encouraged to apply for positions with Melbourne Polytechnic