You could be eligible to access a VET FEE-HELP loan to pay your VET tuition fees for a number of Melbourne Polytechnic Diplomas and Advanced Diplomas.
You can apply for VET FEE-HELP if you’re a student studying in Australia who is:
- an Australian citizen, a New Zealand Special Category Visa (SCV) Holder or a permanent humanitarian visa holder
- enrolled on or before the census date of an eligible unit of study through an approved VET provider
- meet tax file number requirements
- have not exceeded the FEE-HELP limit
- VET FEE-HELP allows you (as an eligible student) to have all or part of your VET tuition fees paid for by the Commonwealth Government in the form of a loan, regardless of eligibility for a government funded place.
Book a VET FEE-HELP Information Session here.
You can access a VET FEE-HELP loan to pay your VET tuition fees, transition into university and then add your university costs until the FEE-HELP maximum is reached. There is no age restriction on VET FEE-HELP.
Avoiding a VET FEE HELP Debt
Should you choose not to continue with your course, it is important to withdraw before the census date to avoid incurring a VET FEE HELP debt. The census date is determined by the unit commencement date and is listed on the Schedule of VET Tuition Fees. It is important that you check the unit census date on the Schedule of VET Tuition Fees. Should you choose not to continue with the course you can speak to staff in the teaching department or send an email to ua.ud1477523300e.cin1477523300hcety1477523300lopen1477523300ruobl1477523300em@pl1477523300eheef1477523300tev1477523300 requesting to be withdrawn from the course.
What happens if I am not eligible for a Government funded place?
A 20 per cent loan fee will apply to all students who are not eligible for a government funded place under the Victorian Training Guarantee. This fee will be added to the total VET FEE HELP loan and will be included in your VET FEE HELP debt.
For further information, contact the department directly or for general information on VET FEE-HELP visit the Study Assist website and download the VET FEE-HELP Information Booklet.
Maintained by Web Developer and Administrator, M&CC.
Last Modified: September 27, 2016