In the early 1920s land was acquired in Perry and Johnson Streets, Collingwood to expand Collingwood Technical School with a new building occupied by 1924.
Johnson Street campus now occupied 35 to 57 Johnson Street.
1928: The Apprenticeship Act was passed in Victoria, requiring compulsory schooling for ‘proclaimed trades’. At this time Collingwood Technical School offered the following ‘proclaimed trades’:Boot and Shoe classes, Cabinet Making, Carpentry (Handrailing and Staircasing and Joinery); Machine Shop Practice (Heat Treatment Steel, Milling, Gear Cutting and Grinding, Tool Jig and Gauge Making; Plastering; Plumbing; Wood Machining; Electrical and Radio Fitting; Electric Wiring.
Maintained by Web Developer and Administrator, M&CC.
Last Modified: June 14, 2013