Whether you want to pursue photography as a career or an artistic medium, Melbourne Polytechnic’s Photo Imaging courses have something for you.
Melbourne Polytechnic’s Photo Imaging program is focused on students learning practical photographic skills and developing strong industry knowledge.
Students produce professional photographic folios showcasing industry standard skills and a highly developed personal style.
Industry connections and resources
Our teachers are all industry professionals, and guide and support students throughout their course of study, providing opportunities to become involved with industry and collaborate with other students within the Melbourne Polytechnic creative arts network. Through excursions, visiting speakers, industry-relevant projects and course exhibitions, our students are thoroughly prepared for the professional photographic industry.
Studying Photo Imaging at Melbourne Polytechnic, you’ll develop your creativity, technical knowledge and business skills, enabling you to freelance or start your own photographic studio.
Graduates work in a variety of photo imaging and photographic areas:
- Advertising Photography
- Wedding / Portrait Photography
- Editorial Photography
- Professional Image Retouching
- Digital Image Operators
- Events / Corporate Photography
- Media / Documentary Photography
- Illustrative Photography
- Successful completion of VCE/equivalent or equivalent work experience
- Non-VCE applicants must be at least 17 years old
- VCE students selected on the basis of ATAR or an interview
- Non-VCE and direct applicants selected on the basis of an interview (Click the ‘Apply Now’ button above, then click 'Make a booking')
- Applicants for the Diploma of Photo Imaging should have completed the Certificate IV in Photo Imaging or have equivalent experience
If you are ready to develop your photographic eye we can provide you with some fantastic opportunities for success. Flexible study options are available at both our Fairfield and Prahran campuses.
Maintained by Web Developer and Administrator, M&CC.
Last Modified: April 11, 2016