Melbourne Polytechnic's Foundation Studies Department offers Get Ready for VET (vocational eduation and training) 2016. This new course has been designed specifically for English as an Additional Language (EAL) learners who wish to undertake vocational training in Semester 1, 2016.
Become job ready with Get Ready for VET 2016
This is a pre-vocational study course designed specifically for EAL learners who want vocational training in the first semester of next year. This course will help learners feel confident to enrol in:
- Aged Care
- Child Care
- Hospital Services/Hospital Attendant
In 2016, learners can enrol with these funded programs
- AMEP (Adult Migrant English Program)
- SEE (Skills for Education and Employment)
- VTG (Victorian Training Guarantee)
(all subject to eligibility, entitlement and referral).
Guidance for your career
This is a pre-vocational course with varied employment outcomes and opportunity for post vocational study. It is exciting to note however, that all Melbourne Polytechnic VET courses have excellent employment outcomes, with opportunity to plan your employment pathway.
What’s in this course for you
- information about VET
- information about the content and format of CTE courses, what to study and how to demonstrate competence
- lots of practice at speaking and listening
- reading and writing practice for further study
- speakers form other classes: teachers and learners
DepartmentBridging and Prep
The course will run for 4 days per week.
FeesFind out more on fees and charges
Entrance RequirementsThere will be excursions to VET courses run in Term 4, aged-care, child care and hospitals.
Assessment MethodsAssessment is on going and can occur at any time during the program. Assessment methods may include a portfolio of accumulated evidence, teacher observation and/or checklists, evidence gained through projects or program participation, awards from recognised programs, self assessment inventories, and oral and written work.
Pathways to further studyThis is a pre-vocational study course. Employment outcomes and post vocational study options are varied, but pathways for further study can include:
- HLT32512 Certificate III in Health Services Assistance - 13 weeks
- SIT30713 Certificate III in Hospitality - 6 months full time, 1 year part-time
- CHC30212 Certificate III in Aged Care
- CHC30113 Certificate III in Child Care 8 months
Career PathwaysAll VET courses have excellent employment outcomes.
Students may be eligible for Victorian and Commonwealth Government funding.