Your future starts now?
Apply here and be on your way to a new career.
Fields with an asterisk * are required fields.
This form is for local students only. International students should apply via the International Student Application Form (PDF)
Local Entrance RequirementsAs this course involves exposure to blood, Melbourne Polytechnic recommends that all successful applicants seek medical advice regarding immunisation against blood-borne disease before commencing. To gain entry into Melbourne Polytechnic's Certificate IV in Pathology, candidates must demonstrate competence through a recognised training program or recognition process, in the following units of competency from the Certificate III in Pathology:
* BSBMED301B Interpret and apply medical terminology appropriately
* HLTHIR301C Communicate and work effectively in health
* HLTIN301C Comply with infection control policies and procedures
* HLTWHS300A Contribute to WHS processes
* HLTFA311A Apply first aid
* HLTPAT304D Collect specimens other than blood
* HLTPAT305D Operate efficiently within a pathology and specimen collection environment
* HLTPAT306D Perform blood collection
* HLTPAT308D Identify and respond to clinical risks associated with pathology specimen collection.
* This course can be taken in conjunction with the Certificate III in Pathology to achieve a combined qualification.