Your future starts now?
Apply here and be on your way to a new career.
Fields with an asterisk * are required fields.
Local Entrance RequirementsAs this course involves exposure to blood, Melbourne Polytechnic recommends that all successful applicants seek medical advice regarding immunisation against blood-borne disease before commencing. To gain entry into Melbourne Polytechnic's Certificate IV in Pathology, candidates must demonstrate competence through a recognised training program or recognition process, in the following units of competency from the Certificate III in Pathology:
* BSBMED301B Interpret and apply medical terminology appropriately
* HLTHIR301C Communicate and work effectively in health
* HLTIN301C Comply with infection control policies and procedures
* HLTWHS300A Contribute to WHS processes
* HLTFA311A Apply first aid
* HLTPAT304D Collect specimens other than blood
* HLTPAT305D Operate efficiently within a pathology and specimen collection environment
* HLTPAT306D Perform blood collection
* HLTPAT308D Identify and respond to clinical risks associated with pathology specimen collection.
* This course can be taken in conjunction with the Certificate III in Pathology to achieve a combined qualification.