Join us at our upcoming career workshop series.
No matter what stage your career is at, we can help you move forward with confidence. Our new Career Development Workshops will be delivered by some of Australia's leading career development experts. Give yourself a competitive edge and learn the latest in career success tactics – whether you are searching for your first job or ready to scale up the corporate ladder.
We will be trialling three streams in 2016 – Job Search, Career Change, and Career Advancement. Each stream has two workshops tailored to help you overcome the main challenges. They'll be delivered over two half days with a maximum of 25 people in each workshop, at our various Melbourne locations. Which stream is for you?
Workshop Part 1 – Stand Out from the Crowd (half day)
- Developing an effective resume (the critical first step)
- Current best practices (and why)
- How to beat Applicant Tracking Systems (so your resume is seen by human eyes)
- Things to look out for in managing yourself through this stage
Workshop Part 2 – Giving Yourself an Edge (half day)
- Getting a job in the twenty-first century – the importance of networking (face-to-face and social media)
- Focus on social media: friend or foe? You decide and act
- Behavioural interviews: overview, non-threatening practice exercise, use of STAR or CAR technique, including addressing key selection criteria
- Tips for your first weeks in a new job
- What learning or further practice would contribute to achieving your goals?
|Register for Career Development Workshops|